Who Are Family Assessment Centers For?
Within our family assessment centres we try to accommodate all families irrespective of their background, age or external circumstances. We’re able to provide services for the following groups:
- Families referred for independent residential assessment whose children may be at risk
- Young parents under the age of 16
- Expectant parents
- Single female or male parents
- Two parent families
- Parent (s) with one or more children
- Parents of children with complex health or development needs
- Families with learning difficulties.
- Families with mental health difficulties
- Families with drug, alcohol or behavioural issues
- Families where there has been a history of domestic abuse
- Parents with their own history of social care involvement
- Families who will benefit from non-residential support within the community.
- Families where English is not their first language
However, while we accept parents who have addiction problems, mental health difficulties, or behavioral concerns, we must insist on parents agreeing to and abiding by our behaviour standards while residing at the service to ensure the safety of everyone living, visiting and working at the service.