Day in the life of a Registered Manager
A Typical Registered Manger's Day
My Plan for the Day
MONDAY — My Actual Day
- 08.00 Telephone call with the on-call manager to check on the weekend
- 08.30 Handover with the team look at plans for the day
- 09.30 Telephone call with the other managers and operations manager to discuss homes and plans for the week
- 10.30 Supervision with the Deputy Manager
- 12.00 Complete the whole things-to-do list that has been following me around for weeks
- 16.00 Spend an hour with the kids before home
Got into work a bit late due to traffic, rushed through calls and handover.
Attended a Child Looked After review meeting that no one had told me about, so had to cancel supervision (add to my to-do list).
Lots of recommendations made in the review regarding this young person (add to my to-do list).
Then got called into one of the young people’s school as there had been a problem.
Spent an hour or so with the young person explaining why school is so important.
Following this, the risk assessment for education needs updating (add to my to-do list).
Had a long telephone conversation with the Operations Manager (add lots to my to-do list).
Spent an hour with the young people before home.
I love this job and spending time with the children. I am sure I will complete my to do list tomorrow.